Why use a heated concrete blanket? Curing is the balancing of moisture and temperature in concrete on time so that it can form bonds the mixture was designed to achieve. Immediately after placement and finishing, curing takes place so that the concrete may bond to the desired strength and durability. Heated concrete blankets can ensure this happens quickly and efficiently in cold winter conditions.
Quicker concrete curing times reduce your labor expenses and also expensive repairs needed because of cold curing issues.
Reduce Curing Time
Heated concrete blankets free up manpower to work on other projects making concrete work more efficient.
Reuse and Save
This is not a throwaway heated concrete blanket. This is made for heavy-duty use job after job saving rental fees.
1 Year Warranty
Industrial grade components will last many years and we cover any manufacturing defects for one year giving you peace of mind!
What Is The Temperature For Curing?
Temperature plays an important role in proper curing since the amount of hydration and therefore, strength development is quicker at high temperatures. Generally, the temperature for concrete should be maintained above 50°F (10°C) for a steady rate to attain full strength. Most times cracking is caused if the temperature of the concrete is not maintained during curing.
Concrete hardens and attains desirable strength at a rate proportional to the temperature at which it is cured. The Cold Weather Concreting Committee (ACI 306) explains cold weather as 'when the air temperature has fallen or is expected to fall below 40°F (4.5°C).
How to Cure Concrete in Cold Weather
Electric Heated Blankets are the perfect solution for all-weather concrete curing. Cold weather has a negative effect on concrete curing process. During winter, a concrete curing process is very slow compared to hot warm months, unless the concrete is protected or heated externally to create a conducive environment for concrete to cure faster.
Our Blanket offers a possible way to cure concrete effectively and confidently in cold weather months. In warm weather, it increases production by rapidly curing with the same temperature. Year-round applications include precast, concrete counter tops and decorative concrete.
Why Choose ALCO Electric Curing Blankets?
- Quickly heats to a preset 100°F / 38°C (± 10°F / 3°C).
- Provide cold weather concreting strength of 3,925 in 72 hours.
- Cures concrete 2.8 times faster than conventional blankets.
- Saves time, and increases profits.
- Prevent a freeze cycle.
- Maintain moisture throughout the hydrating process.
- Thaw ground and frost from job site prior to pouring.
- Maintain ACI compliance for cold weather concreting.
- Easily installed and removed.
- Properly Cure Concrete in Cold Weather below 40°F.
- Increase concrete strength.
- Increase concrete abrasion resistance.
- Lessen the chance of concrete scaling.
- Lessen the chance of surface dusting.
- Lessen the chance of concrete cracking.
Electric Concrete Curing Blanket
ALCO electric curing blanket has put an end to the conventional method of transferring heat to concrete. The Electric Concrete Curing Blanket maintain heat across the entire blanket, removing the excess and provides a maintenance-free heating solution, which stops you from bothering with cold weather. The application of heat, in cold weather, is an effective heating solution during curing process for concrete to cure faster and stronger. These electric heating blankets come in different lengths and sizes, it can serve both in the simple or complex job site.
Can These Be Used On Asphalt Driveway?
Yes, any of the Concrete Curing Blanket models would be safe to use on asphalt. Concrete Curing Blankets make use of an internal fixed thermostat which will cycle to maintain temperatures at ~ 100 Â°F Â± 10 Â°F. Ambient temperature and wind will push away some of the heat. If the curing blanket has excess thermal contact with the asphalt it is transferring heat energy to, it should perform adequately in freezing temperatures.
- Thaw frozen ground up to 8 feet deep
- Cure concrete in cold winter conditions
- Warm sand pile for masonry work
- Wrap around pipes to dethaw or keep warm
- Keep drainage field dethawed
Shipping | Warranty
- 4.5′ x 15′, 4.5′ x 30′ and 6′ x 25′ ship next business day.
- All other sizes ship in 5-7 business days
- 1 year warranty on manufacturing defects including heating element
- Free Shipping
- Cost per hour to operate the pad can be calculated by the following formula: ( Cost per KW hour x sq ft of pad x watts per sq ft ) / 1000