Icy-sloped driveways pose significant risks for anyone passing by. Not only are they a nuisance to drive through, but can cause accidents and put you and your loved ones at danger. Your driveway has an important role to play: connecting your home with the rest of the world.
If it gets covered by snow, and worse if thick ice starts forming on it, your ability to safely drive off or come back home will become much tougher and riskier. Even walking on foot might cause slip accidents. Removing the ice takes forever and is a huge hustle. Luckily, fixing this problem is quite simple.
Introducing ALCO's Heated Mats
Driveways don’t need to stay frozen for weeks to no end, nor are massive cleaning efforts required. The solution is simple and easy to pull off. Alco’s snow-melting mats will do all the work for you while preventing slip and fall accidents on the driveway. All maintenance-free! Simply place the mats before the snow storms arrive, and you will never worry about frozen driveways ever again.
Dealing With Steep Driveways In The Winter Months
A List Of Potential Solutions
- Calcium chloride or salt: while they can be useful in de-icing your driveway, their effect does not last long, and other issues could appear. Rock salt will likely begin cracking the surface after while after applying it. Chemical deicers are also hazardous to plants and pets. Not to mention, these chemicals won't last for the entire winter and could be washed away during a strong storm.
- Traction-boosting agents: these include kitty litter, sawdust, or gravel. They hold some potential but are not cost-efficient. Shoveling entire plies of these agents requires a lot of efforts, and cleaning them later will be annoying.
- Removing the snow mechanically. You can do it yourself or hire a company for the job. Either way, that requires a lot of efforts, and you will need to keep removing the snow over and over again every time a snow storm passes by. Depending on how long or wide your driveway is, mechanical removal will eventually become too costly and irrelevant.
Heated Driveway Mats
If the driveway is essential for you, and keeping it ice free is important, the heated mats will do the trick! Not only will they remove snow or ice before it begins to build up, but you can even drive on them. Heated mats are also a cost-efficient solution as they consume almost no energy, and will continue functioning for years to come.
Keeping Long, Steep Driveways Ice-Free
- Many sizes to choose from
- Combine multiple heated mats to cover larger areas
- Reduce liability of litigation from slip and fall accidents
- Protect your loved ones as they come and go
- Can be used for driveways, stairs, or sidewalks
- Portable and require no costly installations
- A better solution than calcium chloride, salt, or mechanical removal
- Our mats can withstand the harshest of weather and run all winter long
- 2-year manufacturer's warranty
- Non-slip surface which makes travel on the mats super secure
- Power Cord: 6' foot and can be plugged into any standard 120V outlet
- No thermostat required with even heating technology
- Waterproof, Weatherproof, and Reusable
- It consumes almost no electricity: only $0.006 per hour - less than $1 a day
- Free shipping on orders over $800
Choose ALCO's Heated Driveway Mats
One way or another, you will have to prevent ice and snow from building up on your driveway, if you want to pass through safely. The best solution is to set up heated mats which will work nonstop for months, consume almost no energy, and keep the pathway clear even in the harshest of snow storms.